DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Login Module Missing

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

This site was at DNN 7.2.2. It has a page with a Account Login module on it and this page is set in site settings as the login page. The page is named "Login" (changed later)

The problem is that, after upgrading to 8.0.4.226 the upgrade wizard logs me out of the site when it is finished. When I visit the login page, the page opens but there is no Account Login module on the page that I can see. The page is empty and white. Therefore  I cannot log in to continue working with the site. I need to upgrade it all the way to the latest. I have good backups so I can restore and start over. Here are the things I have already tried (In addition to a lot of searching and reading)

• Renamed the login page to something else before upgrading.
    • Changed the skin and container to Gravity and removed all other modules from the login page before upgrading.
    • upgraded to 7.4.2 before going on to 8.0.4. The login page works fine in 7.4.2, but not in 8.0.4
    • Installed Action Form module before upgrading and put it on a new page and configured it to function as a login module so that there would be an alternate login path. This part is interesting, after upgrading to DNN 8.0.4, the action form login module is also missing from it's page. It seems like something does not want a login module to show.
    • There was some evidence of hacking before starting. I ran the Security Analyzer. It identified just 3 files that should not have been there and I deleted them. The DNN files were not flagged as having been tampered with.
    • I did install the Teleric fix from 2017. But have not unistalled the RAD Editor yet.
    • On one attempt, I did upgrade all the way to DNN 9.4.1, which seemed to go well. But the login module still does not appear. I still could not log in.

I would appreciate any help getting the login module to work. Thank you for your thoughts and ideas.

Growing Member

This problem was resolved by logging in successfully into an alternate portal on the same DNN install with the host credentials. And then used the Host option, "Manage Sites" to edit the site settings of the afflicted site. Then I changed the default edit theme to a built-in DNN theme and container. After that the login module appears normally. So it appears that the problem was the theme or the container used for site editing. This also reminds me that having a second portal comes in handy sometimes for troubleshooting.
      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved